Thursday, December 17, 2009

I will do what is right. No way am I screwing it up again.

I've thus far rejected 2 offers after I left my previous job. Reasons are that I feel apprehensive when I just consider the packages as a whole and I'm not going to enter any job where there lies such doubts again (as much as I can help, unless I'm starving).

It's of utmost importance to start off the career on the right track. "Never know till you try" -yes, but there's a limit to it; can't just blindly anyhow whack.

So I've been talking to my dad sometimes regarding the job offers. At first, his explanations make sense. However, I realise he changes the tune of his rationale with each new job interview or offer I inform him of. Basically, I feel he's just rationalising based on his experience and old-fashioned mentality, rather than sound logic. I just brush off the topic as quickly as I can now whenever he enquires about my career search.

Sometimes I wonder, will I be the same kind of dad to my kids. What if my son told me he wants to be a painter. I sure hope I don't follow in my dad's footsteps, but I sure hope my son will at least like some well-paying jobs instead so that I have no worries in that aspect. Well, if my daughter says she wants to be a painter, I'll say "SURE! go ahead". Not being sexist or what here. The fact is, she just needs to hook a good guy who can support her, so that she can paint in happiness and still live a comfortable life.

It's not a matter of a sugar daddy or whatever you call it. Even men buy 4d and toto in the hopes of striking it rich so they can retire or live a better life. It just happens that 4d and toto are not categorised into sexes, if not these men would be classified as sugar mummy hunters too.

No comments: